We are excited to announce the inaugural annual retreat for the Sarah Society!
Join us April 8-10, 2022, at Five Star Retreat in Nunnelly, Tennessee, for a weekend of soul restoration and receive encouragement and practical tips for navigating the journey of recovery from partner betrayal.
Featured speakers for this retreat are Laurie Hall and Dr. Barbara Steffens:
- Laurie Hall is the past President of the Association of Partners of Sex Addicts Trauma Specialists (APSATS). She is the author or co-author of four books, including An Affair of the Mind, which sold more than 120,000 copies and was translated into three languages. In her work as a journalist, Laurie has published more than 500 articles in regional, national, and international publications. She has lectured nationally on sexuality, addiction, forgiveness, spirituality and ethics for the helping professional.
- Dr. Barbara Steffens has specialized in the area of sexual addiction and providing help for the partners of sexual addicts since 1999. Her book, Your Sexually Addicted Spouse: How Partners Can Cope and Heal, co-authored with Marsha Means, is dramatically affecting change in the lives of those who are victims and the professionals who are trained to serve them. In 2011, along with a small group of like-minded mental health professionals she founded the non-profit APSATS. Speaking at international and national conferences on sexual addiction, and educating her peers on the traumatic effects disclosure of this addiction has on the partner, she is a recognized expert in this field.
(subject to change)
FRIDAY, APRIL 8
- 3:00 p.m. Check-in
- 4:30 p.m. Large Group Session #1
- 6:00 p.m. Dinner
- 7:00 p.m. Large Group Session #2
- 9:00 p.m. Break-out Discussions
SATURDAY, APRIL 9
- 8:00 a.m. Breakfast Devotional
- 9:00 a.m. Large Group Session #3
- 10:30 a.m. Workshops
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Large Group Session #4
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. Nature Walk
- 3:45 p.m. Large Group Session #5
- 5:15 p.m. Break-out Discussions
- 6:30 p.m. Dinner
- 8:00 p.m. Large Group Session #6
- 9:00 p.m. Creative Project
SUNDAY, APRIL 10
- 7:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Panel Q&A
- 10:00 a.m. Large Group Session #7
- Noon – Retreat Ends
You will have the opportunity to attend one of three workshops:
- How to Tell Your Story led by Dr. Barbara Steffens
- Recovery vs. Sobriety led by Laurie Hall and Matt Wenger from Begin Again Institute
- Boundaries and Self-Care led by Lyschel Burket from Hope Redefined
There will also be a Q&A panel with the workshop presenters on Sunday morning.
*** Please note, there is a male co-presenter of a workshop, but he will be staying off site.